1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DFM bloodletting continues

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. There was only going to be one survivor and Scripps didn't have the testicular fortitude to stay in the game. Their "leadership" back then is full of a bunch of douchebags.

That said, what happened to the Rocky ended up being for the best in that, they just ended it. I'd rather go through that instead of the bullshit the Posties are going through.

Still, Dean Singleton is an assclown. He killed a great newspaper. And many others. And actually, the blood is on his hands of killing the Post.

His lamenting is complete hypocrisy. His opinion on this does not matter because he's the face of where the print industry is at. Because he led the charge.

Old Time Hockey, wicked and Slacker like this.
  2. MileHigh

This would be news in 1998. Even 2008. Alas ...

Who/what am I getting in the OCR* that merits paying for it?

*Speaking as a former OCR employee who respects the work that is done there by several former colleagues. But what am I getting that I can't get elsewhere for nothing? And this goes for paying for a Denver Post subscription.

It's routinely beaten by two TV station pros on the beat on any and all Broncos stories -- and those sites are free.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Most of the papers I worked for have gone to shit now.
    My only solace is to bypass the paywalls whenever I read them.

4. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

And the “TV station pros” are routinely beaten on every Broncos story by Adam Schefter. So what’s your point?

5. MileHigh

I wouldn't say routinely. Klis breaks a lot of stuff.

6. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

He also rides the team plane with a “partnership” with 9

7. MileHigh

That is accurate, the partnership being a lot of coin.

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

To Nicki's credit, even though she's not with us anymore, she broke just as many stories, if not more, than Klis. And what makes our coverage stand out vs. others around Broncos camp is the dedication to features and more in-depth stuff then just breaking or the daily beat. No plans to change that with new folks on the beat, just going to be a new "learning curve" getting sourced on the breaking stuff.

9. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

If you say so

10. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When free agency opens Wednesday, former Vikings’ QB Case Keenum intends to sign with the Denver Broncos, sources tell ESPN. <br><br>First QB domino has fallen.<br><br>QB race is on.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="">March 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Is it "Do More With Less" or "Work Smarter, Not Harder"?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  12. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

I'm not aware of one big Broncos story the Denver Post sports section has broken in, like, years.

Draft saved Draft deleted