1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why do you think the two most argumentative posters run and hide from you? They debate every other person on the board, why do you scare them?

Or is it that you are like a rash that won’t go away? Maybe, just maybe you are the problem.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Why do people think vacations (if that's what they really are) are supposed to be fun? Do people not realize that when they sign up for the board there is a responsibility to respond even if you are in "Paris" with your "wife?"

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

0ED1020F-D0D1-4B26-A2E1-F579D7BA4EF4.jpeg Doing my best to keep up from Toronto today.

Anyone know any good coffee shops up here?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Surely a broken man’s labour might be better spent in some other pursuit(s) ...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

YankeeFan runs from arguments he is losing all the time. Right there alone, your premise is flawed.

Speaking of rashes that won't go away, how many threads are you going to chase me around on today?

6. outofplace

And if he had been too busy to post, that would be fine, of course. But what he did was claim he couldn't respond to some things because he was on vacation while posting away about others.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think I know why Charlie Pierce uses the word gobsmacked.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was agreeing with you. Once you sign up you forfeit the right to choose how you spend your alleged vacation time. You can't go around enjoying yourself when you've accepted the SJ.com responsibility.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It is easy to understand, though, how OOP would find plenty of time on vacation when nobody else is around to keep him company.

JC likes this.
  10. outofplace

:rolleyes:

11. outofplace

Take that to its logical conclusion and you suggesting that YankeeFan's wife didn't want to spend time with him when he was posting here from Paris. That's not nice at all, LTL.

12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Looking for a good reason never to read Infinite Jest? Jezebel reminds us this week that to fellow writer Mary Karr, David Foster Wallace was just a violent, abusive boyfriend.

Not only did he once try to throw her from a moving car, according to Karr, he also
    Wallace is also dead and thus - as Murray Kempton wrote about members of the mafia - is delightfully free from any recourse to American libel laws.

https://jezebel.com/mary-karr-reminds-the-world-that-david-foster-wallace-a-1825799769

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.