1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Megyn Kelly Today" is not off to such a wonderful start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 28, 2017.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Maybe Kelly could’ve stayed at Fox News for another 10 years and made $8 million a year or whatever.

Maybe she didn’t want to.

She’s going to be fine after this. She’ll land somewhere and make low seven figures and still have plenty of money for the nannies.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is Yahoo News hiring?

poindexter likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

CNN likes retreads. She’ll be there in 2 years.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I shouldn’t use the r word, but I mistakenly read your first sentence as “CNN likes retards.”

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That would be an @lakefront take.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Hell, I’ll take... significantly less than that.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Megyn Kelly made the right decision -- ALWAYS take the money in TV news, especially when you're a female and, after 50, you can be easily replaced by younger/hotter/more opinionated.

I'm not sure if this was that much of a failure by NBC. This wasn't just about ratings for anything that Kelly did for NBC. It was also about trying to puncture FNC and pump up MSNBC. NBC does this -- take a competitor's best asset and bring them over where - even if they fail - that means they won't be a major competitor in the future.

Sam Champion, Josh Elliott, Megyn Kelly, (heck, even Gayle Gardner from the old ESPN). NBC brought them to the Peacock, made them irrelevant and damaged their brand. It'll happen to Tirico, eventually, too.

wicked likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There's rich, and there's wealthy. Megyn Kelly made herself wealthy. Can't fault that.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Sam Champion doesn’t belong in this conversation. He left GMA to be managing editor at the Weather Channel, which included spots on Today.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

NBC was happy to orchestrate this to puncture GMA.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Since when was Kelly Fox News' best asset? At the time of her departure she had the good fortune of a time slot between O'Reilly and Hannity --- the network's real assets.

Hell, it took her almost 10 years to even make it to prime time on FNC.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I agree that, at the time, O'Reilly and Hannity were the best-known assets for FNC. But by the time the election season ended, and really, long before that, I think everyone knew Kelly had chops and had been impressed by her. In fact, based on that, people might have even wondered where she'd come from. But 10 years is not really all that long to reach prime time in the scheme of a career, is it? And that's probably especially true if you're making your way up at a major, world-renowned corporation like FNC.

Draft saved Draft deleted