1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vombatus 2.0

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Apr 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

For better or worse, hopefully not worse, I’m back.

The vacation was helpful. Thanks Moddy and Ragu. Gave me time to reflect.

And now a message from the Foo Fighters. Note the two signs being waved on the truck.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Welcome back!
    You must have done something terrible to get sent away.
    Like wishing one of those dunderheads would have fallen out of the truck, or something.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

No, just plain stupid on my part.

In the meantime, I ventured off to some other boards and tried to get banned and failed. (Didn’t find o_t or Starman.)

Oh, in a completely unrelated move, I stripped my FB account down to nothing, changed my age to 120, and deleted all but two friends.

For those few of you here that knew me on FB, Messenger should still work. Please respect the no outing. A few people here are giving me the willies.

I killed most of my FB off because of the Zuckerburg hearings - but I was already aware of how porous it was from intel comms. Probably should have never signed up for it in the first place. LinkedIn is bad too. It’s amazing what can be found by “scraping”.

One thing I promise - I’ll never sign up for another account here. No alt IDs or sock puppets for me. I own what I’ve done here as VB, and if I screw up and get permanently banned, I’ll have deserved it in some form or fashion and won’t argue it. In the meantime, I’ll try to do a lot better. Staying out of people’s hair.

VB

cyclingwriter2, HC and cjericho like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Will you talk to oop?

JC likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Sure. Let’s start with smoke signals.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Were we not talking, or was that just some odd thing QY came up with to give me a hard time?

7. Vombatus

Probably a carryover from somewhere else. Keep being you, oop! But I would relax a bit and not worry about getting the last word in.

This NSFW (language) meditation might help:

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meh. Fuck that. It's a message board. If I still have something to say, I say it.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Your contributions on the Random Images thread have been missed.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Vombatus

I’ve got to get back on that. I have been storing images for a month for that very reason.

I’d find something, think that’s good, and then remember crap, I’ve got to wait. So I stored images or took screenshots. Anyway, that’s a good reason to not go on vacation again. But it was also a good exercise in impulse control.

Thanks!
    VB

expendable likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted