1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naked Gunman Kills 4 at Waffle House

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Apr 22, 2018.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe they’ll give him his guns back again.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

At least the board had the restraint to stay away from the most obvious Waffle House tie-in joke....

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've always remembered this video for (a) the kneepads and (b) the goofy way he points every time he says "Tonight you're on the loose!"

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It appears red state "justice" will cooperate. A self-described "sovereign citizen" is charged with four counts of murder and he gets bond. It's $2 million, and he probably won't make it, but how does he get any chance to get out? White shooter, black victims, red state. And there's no white privilege in this country?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wonder if it’s some temporary legal technicality.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm sure tap knows exactly what is going on.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know it's wrong of me to think it, but how many white dudes who kill multiple people (allegedly) are taken in without incident - and how many people of unarmed people of color who aren't suspected of anything get gunned down by cops. Hell, this guy didn't even seem to "hit a few bumps" or "fall" on the way to the pokey.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The comparing and contrasting between this and the Canadian officer subduing the van driver and incidents involving black people will fuel countless tweets and thinkpieces.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is not a defence of American cops, but the Canadian cop—who was amazing and deserves all the praise coming his way—did have the advantage of it being highly unlikely for the suspect to have a gun in his pocket, despite his claims. Handguns are rare up here.

HC, Michael_ Gee and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

An excellent point.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted