1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Starbucks thing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The actual coffee isn't terribly expensive compared to other places - it is when you turn it into something fancy that it gets out of hand. Usually when I want coffee, I go to Dunkin Donuts. I like Starbucks' tea a lot and their Earl Grey Latte is very very good. Sue me, I like it!

Starbucks has nicer bathrooms, too.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

“Say my name, say my naaaaamee.”

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

NO, I DO NOT NEED ROOM FOR CREAM. I ASKED FOR BLACK COFFEE. Black Coffee Matters

My pet peeve. I drink black coffee. I ask for a medium black coffee almost every time I order coffee and the response is “Room for cream?”

And I dont know how hard it is to serve my espresso in an actual espresso cup like they do in every bus stop in Italy.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bless their hearts!

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Dunkin coffee is good, but it's barely hot when I get it. So it cools down way too fast. Same with Panera.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tend to make my coffee at home with the Keurig My Cup brewer thingy. Partial to Seattle's Best's Henry's Blend. Nice and roasty.

Had a really good cold brew at Starbucks the other day though.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Outing alert: heyabbott is Dirty Harry Callahan

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'll stop at Starbucks on the way to my gate at the airport, but half the time there are 20 people in line and I'm not about to wait 20 minutes for a mocha/caramel/vanilla anything. I don't know which is longer, the last time I was in an actual Starbucks store or the last time I ordered something from Amazon; either way it's at least 10 years. I didn't know until this story unfolded that you need to request access to the restrooms at Starbucks. That alone is reason enough not to go.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The bathroom thing is relatively rare. The only Starbucks I've been to where they lock the doors is in a pretty sketchy area of downtown Los Angeles.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"English major, right?"

doctorquant, heyabbott and YankeeFan like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think the Philly Starbucks manager recently watched Sudden Impact.

Draft saved Draft deleted