1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

After his tweets today, I should ask him who ruined his Chipotle meal before the show? (apparently there was an actual locker room brawl).

Kazarian, The Bucks and someone else tweeted about it as well. Cody took his tweet down tho.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That's awesome, enjoy the interview. Don't know if he'd answer and I can't find the tweet, but I thought I read somewhere that Cody stopped using one of Bryans moves/submissions a few months back which kind of suggests he know DB would be wrestling again before it was announced.

Or more broadly, what's the "code" these days when it comes to finishers and sig moves? How do you decide what's for one guy only and what's just a move, especially across many promotions like the modern indies (as opposed to wwe where vince can just decide 'you don't do that anymore pal).

John B. Foster likes this.
  3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Caught up to the Andre the Giant doc. Quick thoughts:

—For a Simmons debut on the new space, the doc was surprisingly banal. Not much in there I hadn't heard before. Not must-see viewing at all.
    —The only parts that lived up to what I was expecting were the quick montages that painted a sense of the 70s wrestling scene
    —If Andre the Giant had come along in this modern age, it's quite easy to imagine fans booing him like the Great Khali.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can stream it? Do not have HBO and I’m not really great at researching on how to watch things online.

5. NNDman

NNDman Active Member

Here ya go:

John B. Foster likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, Nikki did turn on her sister again at the Royal Rumble, so she really can't be trusted.

In all seriousness, I'd imagine it's difficult enough to maintain a relationship for regular couples, much less a couple who has one S/O being fairly famous and the other one being super rich, super famous and always away from home working.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So in WrestleMania a year ago, Cena/Bella beat Miz/Maryse and the Undertaker was retired following his loss to Roman Reigns. Guess what happened in those matches didn't really stand the test of time, huh.

Also, according to Wikipedia when you look at the WM 33 results: "The Miz and Maryse defeated John Cena and Nikki Bella by Cena/Nikki breaking up Sun 4-15-18"

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 35. Book it.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Maybe Cena will be so distraught he breaks and needs a dip in the lake of reincarnation

sgreenwell and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

WWE would love to do that, but it might be a bit too "real" for Bryan and Cena to sign up for.

Draft saved Draft deleted