1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I DVRed it, but can’t tell you I’m really excited to watch it. I have no interest in anything that humanizes that piece of shit.

Iron_chet likes this.
  2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it "humanizes" him. It definitely didn't change my opinion of him at all, which was pretty in line with yours.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Interesting. I guess they made a decision to veer from the source material then.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Being the former sports journalist I am, I was more interested in Sara Ganim's side of the story. She probably split screen time with Pacino pretty evenly. I read somewhere she was an advisor on the film, so I'm guessing her portrayal was somewhat accurate.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Paterno was 84 during his final season when the Sandusky scandal occurred. How much did he have left mentally? I can not conceive of any of my realtives who were still living at that age being able to cope.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

No one has a poorer image of Paterno than me and I thought the movie did a fair job of portraying him and the events surrounding him. They didn't make him a villain and they didn't make him a hero either. They made him an old man trying to make sense of everything happening to him - the grand jury report, the arrests, the charges, the media circus that had appeared.

And yes, the guy who played fat Scott is a dead ringer. So too was the guy cast as Sandusky.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Buddy's brother went on a recruiting trip in mid 90s (ended up at Hofstra), guys on the team said Paterno didn't know your name if you weren't starter or 2 on the depth chart.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Oh good, Rainman's here.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And away we goooooooo ...

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do not for the life of me understand why it upsets you when people are critical of Joe Paterno.

Draft saved Draft deleted