1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL draft biographies

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by NFL Draft biographies, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Hello
    I was hoping to post this a couple weeks ago, when it might do sports editors some good, but my computer died and, along with it, about 40 biographies perished, as well.
    What I'm doing: A package of 60-plus draft stories. This isn't your usual scouting-report stuff. It's a bunch of stories, some 500 words, some 1,000 words, that hit on a player's off-the-field story. Some you know, like Georgia's TE overcoming diabetes and, of course, Shaquem Griffin. Others are a bit more fun, like an offensive lineman that lost his iPhone down an ice-fishing hole. Those are the jumping-off points to some stats and player analysis. I am using the rankings at NFL Draft Scout and doing stories on the top five at each position (no kickers/punters; I did nine quarterbacks). I've got 42 stories done and 22 to go. Quarterbacks, center, guard, tackle, defensive line, inside linebacker and safety are done. Corners are almost done (I am interviewing two next week). Once all the positions are done, I'm going to go back and do some more receivers and pass rushers. I would love to sell them as a package for print, online, whatever. Put your newspaper's byline on them. You name the price.
    You can e-mail me at nfldraftbiographer@gmail.com for details.
    Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. Up to 64 biographies - your paper can have unique drat material for a great price.

Draft saved Draft deleted