1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They did the right thing. That's the most important thing.

There are a lot of annoying things about smart phone technology, and in some ways, my opinion is that they have hurt us socially. But one great thing about them has been the ability of people to record police interacting with citizens. 15 years ago, that cop acts that with impunity in a situation like that. Today he's out of a job. That was what was supposed to happen.

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

White Tulsa cop, after three previous murder trials ended in a hung jury, is finally convicted on a lesser manslaughter charge in shooting his daughter's black boyfriend. The off-duty cop left the scene and did not call 911 after the shooting. His defense was the kid had a gun even though no gun was found at the scene and multiple witnesses including his own daughter testified otherwise.

Former Tulsa Police Officer Shannon Kepler convicted of manslaughter

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This one is so heartbreaking. The kid was walking up to him to shake his hand.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That was quick.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Why does that cop have a smoke hanging out of his face?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know bad cops exist. I don't understand why "good" cops stick up for them. Same goes for teachers. If there are two groups of public employees who should want to be defined by their best, and not their worst colleagues.

9. lakefront

Nasty, probably because he has no respect for them as people.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what that guy is, but I highly doubt he's a sworn police officer. He might be "Mall Police" - the beard, the shoes, the smokes don't exactly scream "regulation."

11. lakefront

[​IMG]

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted