1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 PGA Tour Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 8, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A couple hundred Canadians did.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Come on, now. I'm sure there was some interest. But the entire country?

JC and Fly like this.
  3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

LOL-Troll

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing or everything, that is quite a top five. Wow.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I remember reading or hearing that Verne kinda had to answer for that... he's famous for "Yes Sir", but he sort of appropriated it.

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Right. THIS weekend. But next time Tiger's +3 and barely makes the cut, nothing will be different. While the leaders are playing, we'll see Tiger's "highlights" repeated throughout the day. And again, if you're only watching because Tiger's playing, you don't really like golf. You like being a sheep, who goes where people tell you to go. Try thinking for yourself. It's like going to an art museum because one guy's painting is there. Some of those other works in there are pretty good too. Maybe even better. But you're not going to look at them, because that's not your guy.

7. Dick Whitman

Some people are fans of a particular player or team? In sports?

I need some time to process this.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Good thing I'm not one, right? And I have said over and over that I understand it. You overlook that part, though. I totally understand it. But for people like me, who are going to be all they have left when Willie Mays finally falls completely apart, you'd think they'd cater to us a bit more. If Tiger's in the mix, I'll watch, because of the mix, not because of Tiger. Watching a shitty human being play shitty golf does nothing for me. If he plays well, I'm interested. If he's sucking, I could do without all the other sucking.

Nice to see you're still a curmudgeon after 6 years, or whatever it's been.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

People only watch the teams or players they're fans of? Do you also only listen to the radio when your favorite band is on? Do you only eat one kind of food? Processed, I would imagine.

10. Dick Whitman

Is this a Tiger PED reference?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

God I wish Wayne Levi would have been higher up the leaderboard.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted