1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann will hopefully supplant Wilbon on PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, Feb 23, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/keith-olbermanns-newest-small-step-back-to-espn/

Olbermann is filling in next Thursday and Friday on PTI. As I've said elsewhere, I don't necessarily agree with his politics, but he's funny, witty, biting and insightful, which are four things I rarely if ever associate with Wilbon.

It'll be interesting to see if two white guys can perform well in the ratings.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Wilbin is exceedingly dull, but Olberman has become a miserable human being. I doubt he can recapture the old days when he didn’t take himself so seriously.

Joe Williams likes this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Olbermann always took himself too seriously, but he's always been exceedingly self-aware about it, too. I think he'd be fine on PTI.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He was self-aware a decade ago. He’s a loon now.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t see him doing well. His opinions always reign supreme. You think he’s going to be a 1A? Last time he did that was 20 years ago.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

YOU'RE A LOON NOW GO DROP SOME ACID!!!!!

QYFW likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What makes PTI work is the back-and-forth between Wilbon and Korheiser, or whoever is hosting. Olberman has been a one-man band of late, in both news and sport. Is he willing to share the spotlight?

wicked likes this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Has Wilbon taken off his Cubs jersey yet from Game 7?

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If Wilbon left PTI, Kornheiser would too. There's no way Tony would do it without Mike. They've been friends for 35 years and Kornheiser wouldn't want to do it with anyone else.

Whenever they do replace the hosts of that show, it will be Pablo Torre and either Dan LeBatard or Bomani Jones that takes over.

HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts when I found this thread. I was more concerned about the fanboy's threads than his job. That should tell you something about how good of a job he's doing.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Didnt Wilbon say he didnt want to wear the shirt on TV?

PTI doesnt work without Kornheiser and he’ll have no chemistry with Olbermann. Is there someone out there who can replace Tony and have that kind of wit with Keith? I cant think of anyone

HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How do we know Olbermann is hopeful or conveying hopefulness as the thread title says?

Draft saved Draft deleted