1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Herald pulls Ron Borges column on Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

In Tampa the Tribune plant was on waterfront property. Revolution sold the building to a condo developer and made out OK. But I don't think the Herald owns their building.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That's right. Pat Purcell sold the Herald building a few years ago and it has been redeveloped. The Herald leases space in the Seaport District. The Globe also sold its building and leases.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And I think Pat Purcell, not the Herald, still owns a stake in the Ink Block.

Hope he enjoys counting the $$$ from the absurd rents. If I’m spending $3,000 or more on an apartment, it’s not there.

At least the Whole Foods paid some homage to the site’s history.

C214292C-26BC-49E8-B20D-4114A2C675BA.jpeg

4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

This is going to happen more and more with the suits wanting the stories written and written fast. The public is going to think of way after way to TRY to fool newspaper reporters. Hopefully the public will fail, but this is another lesson. Speed kills. Slow down, people. Slow down. You might get scooped. Who gives a f--k? Your career is at stake.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

How many times a day do they print? Someone making a call would influence their deadline?

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And it's easy to say ignore the deadline. But deadlines are part of the business.

Fredrick, I used to think you'd be a much happier person if you got out of journalism. But I think I have to adjust that. My guess is you'd still be miserable.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Deadlines are part of the business all right. But this story's problems had nothing to do with them.

Alma and Dog8Cats like this.
  8. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I wasn't talkin' about print deadlines people. I was talking about getting the news up on the internet and twitter as quickly as possible for all the new-age reasons. Clicks, mentions, fame.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think journalsits have been cursing the stupidity of publisher's since the printing press was invented. Just as publisher's complain about excessive salaries for reporters.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If Ron Borges gets one of those 175 jobs and I’m one of the dozens who has to walk the plank post-sale, fuck him.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just as editors complain about misplaced apostrophes.

Just playing. ;)

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted