1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sopranos - 19 years ago today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sea Bass, Jan 11, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it was a literal laugh out loud moment on here. It was a total dick move though.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nancy Marchand lived right around the corner from me for like 30 years. Was always very gracious to people when they recognized her at the corner store or at the local restaurant. Terrific actress

Webster likes this.
  3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm three episodes away from season finale. Then I'll be back to read this thread. LOL

Gotta say the way season 6 started, I thought the entire season would be Tony in the hospital.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I talked about this series in my Mass Media & Pop Culture class today, and raved about the finale. No spoilers.

5. StaggerLee

Got through the finale yesterday and I was a little put off by the ending. But I get it. I guess because I had heard for so long that the ending was one of the best TV show endings ever, I built my hopes up.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still think it is one of the best endings ever.

7. StaggerLee

{SPOILERS AHEAD, If you haven't watched yet, don't get mad at me LOL}

I think it's open-ended, it's what you want to think. Perhaps you think it's the Godfather scene again where the guy comes out of the bathroom blasting. Or maybe nothing happens and Tony keeps on being Tony.

I re-watched it with my wife and this is what I think. I think the elimination of Phil ended the war between the Sopranos and Lupertazzi family. Tony made peace (somewhat) with Uncle Junior and could move on with that part of his life. All that's left is beating the rap with Carlo turning stool pigeon. I don't think he gets killed that night at the diner. Then again, I could be wrong. LOL

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Without "Oz," there's possibly no "Sopranos."

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

My favorite line from the series is when Chris-tu-fuh arrives late for a meeting and Tony asked him what the hell happened, and Chris says, "The highway ws jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive, T."

I've now used that one many times myself.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The best part is Stevie is standing right there and doesn't even blink.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The ambiguity is intentional, but that editing of the scene makes 100% more sense if it's Tony's death.

Draft saved Draft deleted