1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do if you work for an idiot publisher?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NancyLou, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Then he will lose money.

NancyLou likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'd leak news of this to a competitor. Writing an editorial from a fictitious group about anti-LGBT matters? Unless it's co-signed by Publius or Silence Do-Good, GTFO with that.

NancyLou likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

NancyLou likes this.
  4. NancyLou

NancyLou Member

The guy in legal handling this finally got the publisher to admit he wrote it. Then he follows up with, *I read thru thus and only see one or two things wrong with it."

Mr. Legal wasn't even supposed to come in today because his nephew is having life saving surgery, but he came in to try to stop this runaway freight train.

Also, they're guessing he's been up all night drinking so, connect the dots.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow...and I thought John Block had the hold as craziest publisher in America!

6. NancyLou

NancyLou Member

Glad I could hand you a crazier one to help you feel better about the other one! LOL

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What do you do?

Quit.

Life's too short - or too long - to work for idiots.

8. NancyLou

NancyLou Member

Life's also too short to be homeless.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There are other jobs in the same field. Many of them involving fewer idiots.

And there are lots and lots of other ways to earn a living in different fields, many of them idiot-free.

10. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Who doesn't believe you?

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We believed you just fine. We just all got sick of you whining about something we all knew already.

sgreenwell and ChrisLong like this.
  12. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

Harvard MBA and he's a newspaper publisher? That tells me everything I need to know and expect from him.

NancyLou likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted