1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New user

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RaucoulesG, Jan 8, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Why's that, do you think? By my count, you've had board wars with at least four of the major contributors to that thread, and helped drive one of them off the board earlier this year. I know you're going to think that we're all the problem, but maybe it's you, huh?

On a more positive note, one of the posters on there, asking advice, is now an incredibly successful journalist. It's pretty cool to look back on that, especially for someone like our "New User" here.

It can be done.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on abortion, Rac?

Because I can, that's why. :)

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are welcome to go through life thinking the problem is never you. Be my guest. How many social media accounts have you shuttered at this point? Everyone else is always the problem.

Interesting to read back when you were nice, though.

4. typefitter

I'm still nice to people who aren't giant assholes, and I love helping young writers, and I love seeing them succeed. It's been the best part of my career.

I have shuttered zero media accounts. I have my Twitter account, which is the only social media account I've had, and it's still there.

Anyway, this thread isn't about me, and it isn't about us. I thought you might see a chance for self-reflection, given your feelings reading that old thread. Like I said, at least four board wars for you with people who were very helpful to you and others on that thread. That's quite an accomplishment. Good for you.

But the problem is definitely me.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Always everyone else.

How many Gawker wars has S.L. Price gotten into?

How many blogs has Atul Gawande shut down because everyone else is so mean?

6. typefitter

All right, I'm going to try to do something positive here. That old thread was good.

@RaucoulesG... What kind of sports journalist do you want to be? A writer? TV? Podcasts?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It would be nice for one of these newbies to talk baseball. Or any sport. Whattaya got?

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

<-------- an avatar :-D

Songbird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted