1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HQ Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskgrunt50, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Anyone else playing this? Live, 12-question game every day at 3 and 9 for cash.

All the hosts are pretty annoying. But I’ve found it quite addictive. Won’t drop everything I’m doing to play. But if I’m free, I’m loading the ap.

They’ve had some server issues. But it’s enjoyable.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A bunch of people at work play, makes for a nice break during each of our two shifts. We had a guy win a couple of weeks ago, I think he got $53. My kids play regularly. I have yet to play, need to give it a whirl.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

I’ve played 6-7 times. Haven’t made it past Question 7. Starts off easy. Then ramps up quickly.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Trivia? You have my attention.

Where and how? Please fill us in.

amraeder and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Pretty easy. Smart phone. Look up HQ Trivia. Download the app. 3 and 9 pm most days. Hosts are annoying. But it’s fun!

exmediahack likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I generally play at least once a day. Have not won yet. I typically get to about question 5 or 6, but did get to 11 once.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like something I'd get in trouble with ... but the only cost is the app download?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's 100 percent free. Pot is split among however many winners there are, so if you make it all the way through you win anywhere from a few dollars to several hundred (it goes into your PayPal account).

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sports trivia or general trivia?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

General

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It's a pretty ingenious idea. People are starving for shared experiences and this creates one.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted