1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I hope me creating this thread is not against the rules. Anyway, I look forward to discussing wrestling with you fine folks in 2018. I will be posting more pictures. Let the new wrestling year begin.

[​IMG]

In addition, watch out for that tooth pick

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Samoa Joe: "Dean Ambrose is sitting at home, living off his wife's paycheck."

Renee sold that great.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Heh. I figured Jordan would come out and get Roman disqualified, causing him to lose the belt and setting up friction with Rollins.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Hell of a match between Joe and Roman, little surprised they blew the feud off so soon but with Miz coming back it makes sense.

If things at Mania play out as expected hopefully Roman can circle back around to Joe. There's fire there for a months long program there.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really don't like Roman, but I'm fast reaching the point where I'd rather see him with the Universal title than Lesnar. At least then it'll be defended once in a while. The Universal title has become what the U.S. title was a couple of years ago. He's been champion for 275 days and defended the belt four times.
    They need to get it off of him and put it back into a place of relevance.

6. JimmyHoward33

Agreed. Lesanr's not being around despite being champ was novel in the summer/fall of 2014 because it was different and because there wasn't a second world title to make it look stupid. This time feels like a retread. And it's leading to the same place.....Roman at Wrestlemania....that it was three years ago. Which makes it all feel like a waste of our collective time.

I will say Lesnar's defenses......the multi-man matches, the one v one with Joe and AJ, have laergely been better than the last reign. But there's 0 chance this Royal Rumble triple with Braun/Kane can live up to the triple with Cena/Rollins from that run so.....

7. Baron Scicluna

The problem with Lesnar and his title situation is that it's so damn predictable. We all pretty much know what will happen, so there's no surprise.

It would have been better if Braun would have beaten him since he was so hot, let him carry the belt for a few months and actually defend it a few times, then have Lesnar get the title back in the triple threat by beating Kane. Then have Roman get his WM moment again, and you have Braun continue his feud with Reigns.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Posted four days ago:

Posted ten hours ago:

Cryptic?

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Royal Rumble entrant?

If nothing else, it'd be a better way to go out than getting hurt against Rollins.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

Not a word about the og BC reunion? We're going to have to turn in our smark cards.

In a way it's discouraging because it almost means there's no plans for Balor. I hope they lean into it and just let it be a thing. The club helped AJ, I suppose. Anythings better than jobbing out to Kane I guess

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Would have been better if they reformed to take on the Shield. Or heck, have the Miz and the Miztourage beat on Balor and have Anderson and Gallows help him out. Instead, this was rather random, and, unless you are a smark, you may be wondering why they were helping him out.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago when they had to throw together the Styles-Balor match at the last minute, they talked up the Bullet/Balor Club a good bit to explain their history with each other. I think they mentioned Gallows and Anderson during that.

Draft saved Draft deleted