1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘The upside of office flirtation? I’m living it’

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now, Dick, I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with the people who were skeptical from the start.

Right. Consider it this way ... I'd rather be a gullible fool than to think some woman is being raped.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Here is what YF said, embodying the voices of the non-skeptics:

Here is your response:

3. jr/shotglass

My response was to being fooled. I was not responding to YF "embodying" the mindset of the non-skeptics. That's what he does, sort of like the kid going "nyah-nyah" on The Simpsons. He takes what he considers to be a faulty point, and then tries to make it sound as bad as he can as he turns it back on the originator.

We may be talking at cross ends here, I don't know. I thought it was fairly clear.

4. Dick Whitman

Don't blame him for your fuck-up.

5. jr/shotglass

Oh, he can handle it. :)

6. Dick Whitman

Anyway, most people bought it, including some usually pretty savvy people here.

There were a few portions that raised red flags right away for me. First was one of the fratbro saying, "Grab its leg." Second was her friend saying that she should have just "enjoyed" being "raped by a bunch of hot Phi Psis." Really, there was hardly a sentence in there that rang true to me. I knew it was just a matter of time.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dude, the glass fucking table.

Dick Whitman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted