1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trumpists are bitter that their favorite country has been exiled by the IOC.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Wow.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Powerful.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are trying to make a big deal out of this Jerusalem announcement.

Jerusalem is the capital of Israel; always had been, always will be. There will be no peace deal that did not include Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. That was no some negotiating point.

Trump's speech today was right on point. We've delayed this decision for 22 year. To what end?

If we didn't do it now, when would be a "good time" to do it?

And, don't kid yourself. Saudi Arabia is on board with this. The leaders of Jordan and Egypt, despite what they might say for local consumption, likely have no problem with it either.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I tried to get through a 5,000-word story on The Atlantic about the whole capital of Israel thing and its importance to Trumpist Christians, but I couldn't quite manage. Why is this such a big deal? I'm sincerely curious. I know there are a bunch of people in the Falwellian fold who care because they think it hastens the Second Coming, but why do the rank and file right-wing Roy Moore-Falwell-Focus on the Family people care?

9. YankeeFan

Catching up now...

He din't claim the privilege exists between him and his father.

He's claiming that the conversation is privileged because it included an attorney. Now, that might be a b.s. claim, but it's not the same as if he claimed a one-on-one conversation with his father was covered under attorney client privilege, despite neither of them being an attorney.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Did you eat peanut butter with the peyote? It helps, trust me.

11. YankeeFan

How many diseases, conditions, and afflictions has Trump been diagnosed with via television viewing?

Where's @Double Down to condemn this?

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Oh. So you don't like it when people diagnose someone through video or pictures? Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.