1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘The upside of office flirtation? I’m living it’

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wherein a young writer marries her boss.

The Upside of Office Flirtation? I’m Living It.

But a byproduct of these welcome developments has been an expansion of our collective definition of harassment. Reading accounts of others’ experiences since the great outpouring began, I’ve vacillated between horror at the abusive situations so many women have endured and alarm at some of the interactions being considered misconduct. I’ve felt a rift with many of the younger women I know, who claim to understand exactly where to draw the line between legitimate behavior and abuse and seem to view harassment as any interaction with a man that has made them uncomfortable. For all the power of the #MeToo moment, it’s been a bit bewildering too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The downside to fishing off the company pier is sometimes you drag up a piece of trash.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought the headline said “I’m Loving It.” Was much better that way.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

“Kids, did I ever tell you the story of how your father and I got together? First, he would walk past my desk at work and look down the back of my jeans at the crack of my ass...”

Still, what is this stuff about asking someone before you kiss them? Who does that? I’ve leaned in and had women back away, and that’s fine. But asking? That seems less than romantical.

cjericho likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

That is not the world we live in anymore. In 2017, you ask.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. CD Boogie

Maybe if you’re an alarmist who gets caught up in the zeitgeist. I’d like to think any woman I would be interested in would not need a notarized solicitation to smack lips. As is, I have a longtime gf, so it’s not an issue.

10. CD Boogie

Maybe if you’re an alarmist who gets caught up in the zeitgeist. I’d like to think any woman I would be interested in would not need a notarized solicitation to smack lips. As is, I have a longtime gf, so it’s not an issue.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is on the short list for dumbest things written in 2017:

If I had not been interested in my husband’s advances, would that have been harassment?

12. Dick Whitman

I would say you are at least guilty of attempted sexual assault. You admit women turned away.

Draft saved Draft deleted