1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is a candidate for Post of the Year.

2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I don't think they were shocked at all. Well, maybe Trump was, but not his lawyers. That's why they've been trying to say that if it's not literally involving Russia and the election, as narrowly defined as possible, then it's beyond the scope.

Remember this summer, there was a New Yorker story about a deal in Georgia that Trump's company did with a Kazakh oligarch with direct ties to Putin. The Trump team's response:

[Jay] Sekulow said that “the Georgia real-estate deal is something we would consider out of scope,” adding, “Georgia is not Russia.”

Well, there you have it!

Trump's Business of Corruption

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yep, that tops mine!

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Orrin Hatch says that if Alabama elects Roy Moore, that settles the question as to if he should be seated by the Senate. He's begging for Mitt Romney to run him out of office.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The failed NFL ownership adventure, which almost directly preceded his run for president, revealed he is nowhere near as rich as he claims he is.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Absolutely. And almost 30 years earlier, his refusal to enter the war for the Patriots when the bankrupt Sullivans and capital-free Fran Murray were both begging him to settle their lawsuit by buying the team indicates he's never had it.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Michael-
    My recollection is the most perilous time for the Patriots was around 1990-92, when DT was broker than shit.
    There are a lot of phony billionaires in Hollywood, Washington and the business world, but there are none in the NFL owners' fraternity.

8. Michael_ Gee

The Trump appeal in question was in 1988 (I was there, waiting in the lobby of Trump Tower). If you didn't have money in the spring of 1988, you really were a bust-out artist.

9. Michael_ Gee

To be fair, Trump's excuse, that he didn't want to assume the Sullivan's debts, was a good one.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If this does not get Mueller fired, I don't know what would... probably something petty that touches off Trump doing so impulsively, I suppose.

11. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Can someone smarter than me explain what happens if Mueller gets fired? Does Trump really just skate because there is nobody left to prosecute him?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.