1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNC/Duke college basketball reporter (ACC DieHards)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by AJC SEC, Nov 13, 2017.

1. AJC SEC

AJC SEC Member

Cox Media Group launched a new ACC website this summer, and we're looking for a basketball reporter who can cover North Carolina and Duke basketball games this season. Preferably you'd already live near the schools. Duties will consist of:

-Game coverage for most Duke and UNC games starting in January
    -Analysis/opinion on both teams
    -Ability to shoot video and/or appear on Facebook Lives to answer fan questions and talk about the teams

We need reporters who understand how to develop sources, and have the ability mix in the elements of opinion, analysis and humor. We’re looking for energetic writers with an endless stream of fresh ideas for feature content.

If you're interested, please do two things: Please email a copy of your resume and variety of 10 clips (features/enterprise, breaking news and multi-media) to SECBloggers@gmail.com. The official job posting is here under Multi-Media Reporters: Search Jobs at Cox Companies

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

When you click on the link, you get a message that says, "The job is no longer available."

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They waste no time. That was a quick hire, must have been a big boy job.

ondeadline likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is or wasn't a full-time gig with benefits.

5. ss90

ss90 Member

Is this a full-time job, or...

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

full-time hours. part-time pay.

7. ss90

ss90 Member

Well played.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That would be my guess, too.

9. Mr. Mediocre

Mr. Mediocre Member

[​IMG]
    "Reporter." Sure. These Cox sites are aggregation mills.

Adam94 likes this.
  10. ss90

ss90 Member

Land of 10 is turning real stuff. Multiple people assigned to some of the teams under their tent.

11. Adam94

Adam94 Member

I won't deny Land 0f 10 has its stuff together better than other Cox properties. But I'll counter this job posting with another:

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Content Writer

Ask yourself if this is the kind of company you want to work for before proceeding.

Draft saved Draft deleted