1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And, does he have Footy Bed Sheets?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For the record, I didn't re-Tweet @FootyBedSheets. The Associated Press reporter who wrote the Hope Solo-Sepp Blatter story did.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because they already heard Michele Obama give the same speech?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

Two wrongs...

5. Dick Whitman

What "wrong" did I commit? My point in posting it was to show that the AP reporter was re-Tweeting posts supporting Hope Solo. How does it matter, as regards that point, who she was re-Tweeting?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Back from deer camp for a day or two. One of my cousins from Plano deleted FNC from the channel lineup. We had a good laugh watching the old men unable to watch their chosen network. Eventually the cousin said “Grandpa, why don’t we just watch The Price Is Right during breakfast?” Seemed like an acceptable compromise.

7. HanSenSE

1) The house has been on the market for 10 years? There's got to be more than trees involved.
    2) It's in Bowling Green? Nobody wants to move there after the Bowling Green Massacre! (EDIT: A valid point, even though Donny in his element mentioned it).

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Donny in his element likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

Just like with marijuana, may as well legalize Poin at this point.

9. MisterCreosote

Well, you've been wrong all along :)D), but in this particular instance, that tweet had as little place in an argument here as it does in an argument on Twitter.

There's a reason why morons on Twitter don't realize they're morons. Because it gets attention.

10. Dick Whitman

I don't understand how it didn't have a place in an argument here.

My position was that the AP reporter was not only not playing the story down the middle, but she was on social media making it very clear that this is an important issue to her.

She re-Tweeted support for Hope Solo while her story was fresh on the wire, and after her editors already had to correct her story because the initial lede and headline were unsupported.

The implication was that she was adopting what the other Tweeter was saying. It doesn't matter who the other Tweeter was.

11. MisterCreosote

Her editors "edited" her story. They didn't "correct" it.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

While living in Tucson? Impressive.

Snark aside, I was curious which JC he was at but I can't find him. I think he's just a paralegal in Arizona.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.