1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe Mike Allen could send out a morning email.

Double Down likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

Open secret, I'm sure.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alright, she is a sitting member of the House of Representatives. She has the power to name names. She needs to do it.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This attitude illustrates my point.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You think every accusation is true?

6. YankeeFan

Kirsten Gillibrand didn't, though it later came out that the Senator who "groped" her and said he liked his women chubby was Daniel Inouye -- who was dead, and she still didn't want to name him.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Maureen Starkey was 15 when she started dating a Beatle, then became a teenage bride and an abused spouse. And we’re talking about Ringo, that crazy goofball. Imagine what the “darker” side of rock and roll was like.

I wonder if that’s why music isn’t getting a ton of headlines compared to other industries. That stuff has really been out there for decades.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sexual assault has the same false accusation rate as other felonies. It's about 2%

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't follow. Because people assume it's happening, victims shouldn't come forward?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Lord knows that there was/is plenty of decadence and sexual exploitation of women by rockers. The only mitigating factor that I can think of is that women who hook up with rock stars, especially while they are on tour, are assumed to have a certain appreciation of what is going on. The "groupie" might not have been an acknowledged thing circa Beatlemania, but certainly by 1970 or so it was pretty well known.

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Oh shit, we're entering casting couch territory now. Get ready for the parsing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.