1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Newton thinks female reporter talking routes is 'funny'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Oct 4, 2017.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His analogy is garbage.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sounds funny to me.

Carlkolchak likes this.
  3. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

No big deal. Why can't she laugh at herself. Everyone is too sensitive and too eager to be offended so they can whine about it. We have become a nation of wimps. Equality, right?

I used a fancy word in a question to Serena Williams at a post match press conference, she made fun of me for using a "big word". The word was supremacy, about her dominance and supremacy. But I forget the exact wording. I smiled and some people chuckled. It was funny, her making fun of me. Newton does it to a woman and the media makes a national issue of it. Ridiculous.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Did she say, “It’s funny to hear a man use big words”?

5. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Football is a tough game played by tough guys. Maybe this poor oversensitive reporter would prefer to cover the gymnastics or ladies golf beat? It seems people are looking for ways to be offended so they can cry victimization.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You're starting to remind me of someone, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
    Ladies golf beat? Wow.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true tough guy.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

What makes you such a special snowflake that your reaction is the gold standard we all have to live up to?

10. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

You think this incident deserved to cancel Newton's endorsement contract that he lost?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The company paying the money did, that’s what matters not what you fucking think.

12. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Why didn't Charles Barkley get severely punished or lose endorsement contracts when he said on national TV "I hate white people." ??

Draft saved Draft deleted