1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ban Thursday night NFL games?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Nov 10, 2017.

?

Should the NFL nix Thursday night games

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. The NFL was stupid for thinking NFL players are built to play on 2+ days rest

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. I don't care

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You can't have bye weeks near the very end of the season for competitive balance. Plus, as someone mentioned on sports radio, the almighty fantasy football playoffs. I rolled my eyes but it's true.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If my opinion sounds good and I say it over and over again, I don't have to back it up with evidence? Cool!

Those same players that get less rest before one game, get more before the next. The Seahawks get 11 days before their next one. Those guys should be damn near invincible by then!

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Joe Thomas, injured on a Sunday, out for the season.

Aaron Rodgers, injured on a Sunday, out for the season.

J.J. Watt, injured on a Sunday, out for the season.

Deshaun Watson, (probably) injured on a Sunday, out for the season. (Officially ruled out following a practice.)

Dont'a Hightower, injured on a Sunday, out for the season.

Ban Sunday football.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Walk away from this tack while you still have some dignity.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

#SundayInjuriesMatter

6. outofplace

You are making arguments you can't back up and you expressed pleasure in a player being injured on this thread. You aren't exactly covering yourself in glory here.

7. CD Boogie

You mad, bro?

8. outofplace

Not even a little. Just pointing out things I disagree with as I always do.

9. CD Boogie

You’re arguing endlessly against a fact that is so commonsensical that no scientist would waste 10 seconds studying it. You’ve already today spent more time arguing about it than everyone in human history has ever thought about it. Common sense ain’t so common.

Iron_chet and JC like this.
  10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Isn't there an easy fix? The players can put this into the next CBA: allow games on two Thursdays, in Week 1 and Thanksgiving. Make it mandatory that teams playing on Thanksgiving have the previous Sunday as their off week.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's an easy fix, but until the players are ready to strike, and I mean lose a season ready, they will get no concessions. It is their chickenshit posture in negotiations that dooms them. I understand their vulnerability, but you know, the autoworkers who did the sit-in strikes of the '30s were way more vulnerable (some were murdered) and they did it anyway.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. Like the NFLPa has any power.

Draft saved Draft deleted