1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Holy shit. I just realized that I know the woman who was the 17 year old in that article on Roy Moore.

Her FB is full of supportive messages, with her responses on the order of "Thank you. Appreciate your support. I just told the truth. Truth prevails." Little short answers, that's three different responses.

I've seen several of her old high school friends post that Moore's behavior was well known in Etowah County at the time.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, this sort of thing would have hurt a candidate for Senate.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So what was the point you were making in bringing up the fact that the Senate majority leader is not a voter in Alabama?

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

But I thought Hillary was running

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Casts doubt on the legitimacy of the pee tape rumors. That makes it newsworthy.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, it hurts. Does it hurt enough to change the outcome is the question. When I worked in the wonderful world of digitizing print archives, our conglomerate's headquarters were in Birmingham. Everyone who came by from the home office was nice as pie. They aren't the mouthbreathers who love Moore, but they were Republicans. It's how they'll react that'll decide the election.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They're both too old. Chelsea's running. It's her turn.

cranberry, HanSenSE and melock like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If they hadn't found out about the fake check, the next step was going to be to sift through her past articles looking for typos and grammatical errors.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My wife's family (dads side) are from and live in Alabama. Most are democrats/liberal as hell. I have been kidding them about moore for months. About two weeks ago, her fav aunt and uncle bought near us (Atlanta metro), and they joked they were escaping Moore. (I hate to tell them it ain't that much better here). He (the uncle) just texted, "hold on, we had a 45 blackout clause."

cranberry likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is one of the paradoxes of one-party dominance that the minority moves to the extreme pole of its party's beliefs. Here in Mass. the 25 percent or less who're registered Republicans are whole body Trumpists. On the other side, Sanders had his best showings in the 2016 primaries in Western states Dems haven't won since FDR.

cyclingwriter2 and cranberry like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Who are these people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.