1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The fourth story adds credibility, in my opinion, to the other three. But, I also agree that the fourth story alone is a non-story.

Regardless, this falls outside the dead girl/live boy dichotomy, so I suppose it remains to be seen if it even has an effect on the outcome.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, he’ll win. Maybe with less than 60 percent though.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This was their hook, I imagine. They really wanted to work her into the story, and when she gave them this, they had their justification.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Quick Quiz: You are the executive producer of one of the three network nightly newscasts. Do you lead with Moore, or with Louis CK? On the one hand, Moore might be a Senator in a month. On the other, probably a lot more of your viewers have heard of Louis CK than of Moore.

5. Dick Whitman

Moore, unquestionably. Sexual misconduct with a minor is a worse allegation, to begin with, than whacking it in front of a bunch of of-age women. And whether more of your viewers have heard of C.K. or Moore, the fact that Moore is about to be a United States Senator elevates it in importance above what is essentially a celebrity story, and that trumps raw name recognition.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We asked.
    I've heard that sometimes you don't even need to ask.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe Twitter is bad. You have 280 characters now and she's going all elex spox?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is Bush long overdue?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Twitter reports 260,000 tweets on Moore and only 45,000 on Louis CK, so perhaps my assumption of relevant fame/audience interest was all wrong.

10. Dick Whitman

Whether people have heard of Moore by name or not, they care about the Senate and they care about laundry, and they'll understand the stakes.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So he doesn't believe in the virgin birth?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Roy Moore’s tablet says don’t covet thy neighbor’s wife. Nothing about daughters. He’s fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.