1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It Came From the Internet...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Oct 22, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When people say "Hey, it was the '70s..." this is what they mean.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

He's just a kooky confirmed bachelor!

(Confession time: When I was very young, I thought he was funny on Hollywood Squares, did an impression of him. Mom thought it was funny. Dad? Dad was a little worried...)

3. DanOregon

[​IMG]
    "This thing has it all, Donny and Marie, Billy Barty, Witchipoo AND the Wicked Witch of the West. Pinky Tuscadero, DISCO!!!
    CB Truckers, Carol Brady, TIM CONWAY!!! AND making their first TV appearance EVER KISSS!!!!

DON'T FORGET MISS BETTY WHITE!!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Iron_chet likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lynde was a trippy-ass weirdo who looked and acted like he enjoyed sticking his fingers in assholes of little boys.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This is frickin' fantastic. I remember watching this show to see KISS.

A microcosm of how awesome and awful the 70s were. And probably more to the awesome side.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

I'd heard rumors. Thought Lucas bought it back and burned the negatives. Bea Arthur, Jefferson Starship and Harvey Korman....hmmmm.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

The Paul Lynde Halloween Special is really one of the great under appreciated pieces of American Pop Culture. It really needs one of those "behind the scenes" stories to figure out how it came together.

I have known about this special for less than two years, but love telling people about it. Seriously, the wicked witch of the west is in makeup for the first time in decades. Plus the first national appearance of Kiss. There also is a reference in one of his monologues to him doing a past Halloween special. Wonder what the hell that was like?

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

@DanOregon, I'll see your Paul Lynde and raise you Charles Nelson Reilly ...

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've never seen this, but knew of its existence from Family Guy.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is the woman at the start of the video the witch from Wizard of Oz?

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yep. Margaret Hamilton.

Draft saved Draft deleted