1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Back when he was starring as a teddy bear on a WB married with children wannabe, who would have predicted bobcat goldthwait as NPR regular?

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

The Gottfried episode of Norm's show was, in particular, full of cringe-worthy laughs.

Some of my favorites:
    Baseball Prospectus' Effectively Wild
    WTF
    The Dave Ramsey Show (just his daily radio show about finances)
    West Wing Weekly
    The Axe Files (politics)
    The Rosenthal & Jeselnik Vanity Project (NFL mixed with inappropriate humor)

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This American Life did a podcast on fat women a couple of weeks ago.
    Holy crap, the batshit crazy was turned all the way up to 11.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

TAL is a radio show that releases broadcasts as podcasts.

5. Guy_Incognito

That was an excellent show. The second segment was some of the best radio I've ever heard.

Amy likes this.
  6. poindexter

The woman in the second story was insane!!

She used to be fat, then lost 100 pounds. She didn't get dates when she was fat. After she lost weight and found a husband, she recorded herself berating him because he wouldn't have dated her when she was fat .

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Side note: a former classmate of mine had 15 minutes of fame a few years ago when she became a rather strident advocate for the glory of obesity. I think she thought it was brave and empowering. From a distance it was a very sad thing to watch. I checked the "This American Life" transcript to see if she was one it, but she wasn't.

8. Guy_Incognito

Sane or not, it was fascinating.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Dick Enberg has a new podcast called The Sound of Success. I'm listening to him interview Vin Scully at the moment. It's more Q&A than conversational, but I love hearing his voice again.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is that the one where the woman "came out" as fat?

11. poindexter

All I remember is one segment with Lindy West, the writer, talking about the comments she receives online about being fat. Another segment was a girl who lost a lot of weight and was now getting dates and she felt guilty about it. She lost a bunch of weight and a guy in her apartment building ask her on a date and said he had never seen her before even though she lived in the apartment for years. She was invisible to guys as a fat chick.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks, I love Enberg and am subscribing now.

Draft saved Draft deleted