1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele Hill suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 9, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My neighbor recently got a truck with the license plate WTN4PYTN

He thinks Peyton Manning is going to come and save the Vols.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll settle for "Let's have a real coach by 2030, in time for Marshall Williams Manning's freshman season."

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Probably better odds that Kiffin will be gracing the sidelines on Rocky Top than Gruden

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe Tee Martin? Especially if Southern Cal should run the table or at least win the Pac-12?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see how De Smith responds in this moment. It may end up defining him.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But the thing is, the federal government owns the airwaves and grants the license, so if it giveth, can it taketh away? That was the National Endowment for the Arts case that I posted earlier, for example.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Many years ago our evening newscast ran a fluff story about a car dealer. It was the lead-in to sports. News anchor says something like "what a nice story." Sports guy says "Eh, all car dealers are sleazy."

He was suspended. When the suspension was over, the GM made him sit down and write a letter of apology to every single car dealer that advertised on our station.

Then he fired him.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Damn. Harsh, but deserved. Some people are too dumb to remain employed.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That guy was too dumb to realize he was going to get fired whether he wrote those letters or not.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The only problem with this theory is if Hill has defined duties in her contract. Eg, "Jemele Hill is contracted to host the 6pm SportsCentre." That gives some leverage to her/her agent if ESPN wants to put her on the badminton beat.

Draft saved Draft deleted