1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will this board be around in 20 years?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 6, 2017.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe we could someday have a site whose posters understood that wearing out their welcome and constantly returning under different handles isn't particularly healthy behavior?

2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

With all the changes in technology and social media and many more to come, hard to predict whether this board will be around 20 years. My crystal ball turned into a pumpkin long ago and became an ingredient in seasonal ale.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meh. you never know what you're talking about, so why start now? :)

This sent me back to the last time we exchanged PMs. Man, that was hell of a long way from where we started. If we crossed paths today, I'd be buying those beers.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Shut up fartface salary caps suuuuuuck and so do you!!!! :D

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Salary caps rule and baseball apologists drool!

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hope it lasts 20 years so I can make it to 57,000. Anyhoo, political vitriol does spread on a board, and it got old to have to run into hatefulness that wasn't true discourse, and I just knew it was going to get worse.

But the vibe seems decent now; things do morph and all. To paraphrase Zagar and Evans: If sj can survive, it may fly.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Let the post-padding (re)begin!!! :)

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Likes are where it's at these days. Gotta get your ratio on point; post-padding is detrimental to that.

Feel free to use me as a guide. My ratio since the Dec. 2015 UI upgrade is practically Creosote!

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fuck calculating splits pre/post Dec 2015. Some people just start with a new userid. Often.

Draft saved Draft deleted