1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The legendary producer's (Pulp Fiction; Good Will Hunting; Clerks; Shakespeare in Love) long-rumored, but never published private behavior toward women is about to be the subject of a Times and New Yorker piece, and he's scrambling for lawyers.

Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Gawker, back when it was alive, tap-danced around these rumors, which in Hollywood are supposedly an "open secret."

Tell Us What You Know About Harvey Weinstein's "Open Secret"

Since Harvey is a long-time supporter of the Democratic party, and liberal causes, I'm certain we will have ample time to hear from YF, our in-house media critic, theorize on how this renders any criticism of Donald Trump moot. I personally would not want Harvey Weinstein holding the nuclear codes either, but your mileage may vary depending on how much you liked The English Patient.

Stay tuned for updates.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

NYT and The New Yorker both going at this story? Libtard on libtard crime? The legitimizing of once fake news sources?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I nearly posted his a little bit ago, but figured it was best to leave it to someone else.

I'll be curious to see what comes out, and how Hollywood reacts.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This could be quite the bombshell, if it includes name actresses (which, it very well may, including from the 1990s).

Not that misogyny and slimeball men are new in the movie business.

But Harvey Scissorhands is particularly crummy.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I assume he has threatened the careers of the reporters as he did the Entourage cast. He sounds like such a delight.

But, Pulp Fiction.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's Hollywood. Tom Cruise is the face of a relgious cult and routinely gets work

7. Double Down

If the Times/NYer somehow convinced Gretchen Mol or Blake Lively or Naya Rivera (three women long-rumored to have been subjected to his grossness) OTR, I think it's about to get very bad for Harvey.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wait... when did anyone ever think Hollywood execs were good people? I always assumed they were degenerate scumbags.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know why anyone would go out of their way to protect Weinstein. He lowballs independent filmmakers at Sundance and then makes millions off of their work. It isn't like he's a creative. His greatest talent is mounting Academy Award publicity campaigns. Nobody makes money off of him. It's always the other way around.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wha?

Ronan Farrow, the former MSNBC host, is doing the story for the New Yorker, according to multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation.

11. Double Down

That stood out to me too. I wonder if, having grown up in Hollywood and obviously been at the center of something really screwed up, he was able to convince some people to talk who otherwise wouldn't have talked.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business! "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.