1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I guess pitcher will be his last position, otherwise that will screw up the DH slot.

And either Detroit better get a late lead, or Romine will have to do this in 8 innings instead of 9.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He did it: 7, 8, 9, 5, 6, 4, 2 (had a PB)-4, 1(Got Sano to ground out to 3rd throwing a mid-80s fastball)-3, 3. The Tigers won by a run and Romine actually got a hold.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thus retiring #runsforCain, no doubt.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't worry, thia season is why the Nats held Strasburg out of the playoffs a few years ago.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

7. LongTimeListener

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Royals take the 2015 Heroes off the field in the fifth inning. Hosmer, Moustakas, Cain and Escobar to a rousing ovation. They're all likely gone due to free agency.

What a moment for those of us who lived the improbable rise.

9. LongTimeListener

When people say fans only care about winning, I point to moments like that, or like Matt Cain's farewell Saturday. Those years are so much more enjoyable when you're watching guys that you felt like you saw grow up in a baseball sense.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Orioles. Thank God this season is over.

Go into last offseason. Need starting pitching. Get no one.

Season reminded me of "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

maumann likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Some here may remember three years ago when I posted about my son and I with the Royals playoff run.

So much has changed in three years.
    My "dad" is in his second year of a prison sentence for molesting family members (not my kids but still very traumatic).

My wife became an alcoholic. Our divorce is finalized and she is still in inpatient treatment.

My son is almost as tall as me now (6-4) and still isn't old enough to drive. But he has a girlfriend and has survived these awful waves quite well.

For an afternoon, we watched the Royals game and lived in the moment but also looked back to all of our road trips to KC (eight games going back to 2014) through the at-bats of those four.)

We are each going through different stages and we both welcome them. Baseball and specifically the Royals strengthened our relationship from one stage to the next.

12. HanSenSE

I hear ya, exmediahack. Been a long season for the Giants too. And there are so few locks at No. 1 in the MLB draft (Harper comes to mind first) that even that isn't solace like there is in the NBA or NFL.

Personally, been a grind at my job the last few days. But during a break, pulled out my phone, checked Twitter,l read about Sandoval's walkoff and felt the best I had in days.

maumann and exmediahack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted