1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mother!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Human_Paraquat, Sep 18, 2017.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

A slight exaggeration, although I saw it in London, so not much of an exaggeration. Also the Brits can't make movie popcorn for shit. But you can buy beer, which is nice.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dumb, cliched story also nauseating on that one.

Dyno likes this.
  3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Movie concession prices are RIDICULOUS. I love popcorn, but a "small" is $8 and change at AMC Theatres and there's nothing small about it. Add a soda for $6 and a $14 movie ticket and it's $28 per person, which is nuts, IMHO. I'm a fan of the $5/$6 Tuesday night shows at AMC/Regal and the before noon $6 movies on weekends at AMC.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He should have calmly explained his position!

QYFW likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I hear ya. My wife gave me a $25 AMC gift card last year. So I went to a weekday matinee (no IMAX or 3-D), and got a medium popcorn and bottle of water, and I still ended up paying a few bucks out of pocket.

But $50? If you're talking two people, and the drinks were beers, I guess I could see that.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Earthquake freaked me out when the seats started moving. Sensurround was the bomb. And Ava Gardner was super hot.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We saw "It" at the VIP cinema yesterday. The dude next to me was eating Pulled Pork Poutine and drinking a mojito. No clue what that cost. We had a large popcorn and two regular drinks for $20.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Say that five times fast.

HC likes this.
  10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Dude .. professional singer AND a Canadian. In my sleep.

FileNotFound and QYFW like this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So, folks complain because soda and popcorn are so expensive at the movie theater.
    Yet people now want dinner and drinks there, too?
    It doesn't make any sense to me.

They're charging me $8 for a soda I can get for $1 outside of the movie theater.
    I can't see what they soak me for on a craft beer that costs $6 outside of the theater.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

To clarify, though. I don't skimp at the movies.
    Before the kids, we went 5-8 times a year. Now, even less frequently. Might as well spend and enjoy it.

When the kids are old enough and their mother is taking them to see kids movies, I'm planning to bellyache over every thin nickel.

Draft saved Draft deleted