1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now up, Hurricane Jose

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Sep 11, 2017.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

NOAA says Jose may loop around in the Caribbean and then head for the East Coast of the U.S. next week, with early models showing potential landfall anywhere from South Carolina to New Foundland, or head out to sea entirely. European models suggest New England or Canada as the more likely landfall areas.

Either way, it appears it will be significantly weaker than the last two storms.
    [​IMG]

Hurricane Jose a potential threat to U.S. East Coast next week

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The Swirl!

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jose drunk out in the ocean.....just walking around in circles.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If hurricanes had last names, his would be Cuervo.

UPChip, Chef2, Riptide and 2 others like this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He will be blocked from landfall by THE WALL.

Or imaginary forcefield.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This thing is still wandering around out there!?
    Reminds me of one of the big 2005 storms, Rita I think, that reappeared in the Gulf about two weeks after it first wrecked stuff down there. It went all the way through the U.S. and out the other side in Virginia, got into the Atlantic and then was sliced in two by a strong cold front off the coast. The southern half somehow stayed together and was kept alive in the Gulf Stream, turned south, and came allllll the way back around to get into the Gulf of Mexico as a weak tropical depression or tropical storm.
    I was driving into work one morning and heard them giving advisories for it a week after we went through it, and thought I had traveled backward in time.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When there's nothing to stop it, and it doesn't wander into colder waters, it could last quite a long time.

Jupiter's Great Red Spot storm has been churning for centuries. :)

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Elena in 1985 was the all-time "drunk" hurricane. It took a hard right in the Gulf and headed toward just north of Tampa, only to spin completely around and skirt the Florida and Alabama Gulf Coasts before making landfall in Mississippi.

IMG_4272.PNG

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Heavens.
    Looks like me trying to walk a straight line after half a bottle of Fireball.

Inky_Wretch and Steak Snabler like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted