1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files: La-la-land edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This school is at the intersection of Sunset Blvd. and Barrington Ave., which was on the fringe of our coverage back in the '70s. It is very close to Riviera Country Club. When it started an 8-man football program, the coach begged us to cover them. We sold few papers in Brentwood so we told him we couldn't justify it.
    He said, "Raquel Welch's son is on the JVs and she comes to the games."
    Sports editor said, "What time should we be there?"

Another note: The football field was in kind of a bowl. One day, the fence around the top of the bowl was covered in green vinyl. Somebody called in to tell us that there were Playboy Playmates playing topless football in the bowl.
    They were filming a movie called H.O.T.S. (you can imdb it). It was a sorority girls gone wild sort of thing. The sorority needed a "cause" to maintain its charter so it created H.O.T.S. -- Help Out The Seals. Playmate of the Month Susan Kiger was the star.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh, I remember H.O.T.S. Mainly for the boobs. Lots and lots of bouncing boobs. Earning it four stars from kid me.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    cyclingwriter2 and ChrisLong like this.
  4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Like I need to imdb it. It was one of the first movies I would 'sneak watch' on Cinemax after my parents went to bed.

cyclingwriter2 and Stoney like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Down here, August hasn't been part of summer break for a while. By the time Labor Day comes around, most kids have been in school 3-4 weeks. I know a handful of friends whose kids started back July 31. It's ridiculous.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Returning to the original story: "She has a Ph.D. in biochemistry and molecular biology and previously taught at Penn State Abington."

I'm curious, would that make her the best credentialed poinstress we've had?

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Seriously, you had to ask this crowd to imdb it? It had boobs. It had Danny Bonaduce. It had a fat bearded drummer that Gilbert Gottfried guessed was the little sister from the partridge family...the resemblance was there

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just offering advice to our younger members.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Biology teacher, which is usually a tell in Poin cases.

EDIT: Missed court appearance Thursday morning. Also has a previous arrest at Coachella for ecstasy possession. You're welcome, Daily Mail.

Hollywood teacher in sex scandal fails to appear in court | Daily Mail Online

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

She sounds like fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted