1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm sure @typefitter is happy to have you on his side.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Totally disagree with this.

In the bigger, global picture, I think history would suggest ignoring Nazis didn't really work out all that well.

In the smaller, day to day, American Nazi cases... I read a good piece a few months ago by someone who was in the punk scene in the 1980s. He made the observation that it was the last time people had to regularly interact with self-proclaimed Nazis in American society. At first, the punks tried to ignore the Nazi punks when they would turn up. A Nazi punk would turn up at a bar and keep to himself so people would leave him alone. The problem was, a few days later he'd be there with ten of his Nazi friends, and the following day the bar would be completely overrun. The Nazis would run off anyone else who showed up.

Basically, the lesson learned by those in the punk movement was: if a Nazi shows up, you kick the living shit out of him and throw him out on the street. The Nazis are cowards and dipshits who are counting on you ignoring them and letting them fester. Nazis don't like getting their teeth knocked in.

Supposedly the Nazis are looking to have their next little cracker hoedown in Boston soon. If the good people of Boston respond with pipes and baseball bats, the Nazis will get the message.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't want this ignored. I like knowing people deplore these Nazis and what they stand for. It isn't a given with everybody. The people on my FB feed who have criticized every march -- BLM, women's march, march for science -- are stone silent today.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Trumpists' dear leader has expressed condolences to the families of the police killed but not to the family of the homicide victim.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Funny how this came out immediately but nothing about the woman run over and killed

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr and tapintoamerica like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What kind of FB friends do you have?

Related, I have yet to check FB today.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She might have been a bad hombrette.

melock, HanSenSE and LongTimeListener like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Anti-fascist counterprotestors aren't always huge fans of police. I'm not exactly rushing to assign blame

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't suggest law enforcement or intelligence agencies ignore these groups. But when they are blatantly out to get press and incite chaos, we'd all be better off staying away.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sure @davidduke is happy to have you behind him

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Would this be an appropriate time to remind folks of all the other fires that are burning?

North Korea, Nicaragua, Russia, conflicts of interest, Twitter blasts against his own party, executive branch criticisms of cabinet members. I'm sure that I'm neglecting to mention more than a few (failure to repeal and replace the ACA, golf, etc.)

But some folks want to blame the people in the watchtowers sounding alarms instead of the guy who is starting the fires or fanning the flames.

BadgerBeer and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.