1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 NFL Preseason Thread: Ki-Jana Carter edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 3, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Terelle Pryor was disciplined for what he did in college.

Shit, just saw JC's post.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's the weakness of the PA.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The funny thing is you have to figure many of those upset at Elliott sitting are more than satisfied that Kaepernick doesn't have a job. I realize it's different. Elliott just roughed up one woman while Kaepernick offended all of our sensibilities by disrespecting the national anthem.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm a Cowboys season-ticket holder and I'm not upset. I just find it odd that one can be disciplined under a contract's conduct provision for conduct that occurred prior to one's being under contract.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but was he not already under contract? Or at least drafted?

Pryor wasn't

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He had been drafted. It was July 2016.

7. doctorquant

If he was under contract, that's a completely different thing. Drafted, but not signed ... still kinda weird, but not as weird.

JC likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just looked it up. He was under contract. Signed in May of last year.

9. doctorquant

I withdraw any characterization of this event as "odd."

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

If he roughed her up, then he should be punished. However, the prosecutor's office didn't believe her. The witness in the main incident that they're actually talking about, said she was lying.

But hey, you're judge, jury and executioner here so ...

11. doctorquant

No, we don't know that. The prosecutor's office didn't believe it could make a case with the evidence it had. That's not the same as "not believing her."

franticscribe likes this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The bruises just appeared. The pictures are fake fanboy.

@Dick Whitman or @franticscribe want to explain why a prosecutor might not prosecute?

Draft saved Draft deleted