1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The R. Kelly cult

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Tarantino will direct the movie.

wmwalton likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Um, Kells is already in a movie on the internet. Wouldn't look it up, though.

QYFW likes this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I would ... if you want to experience the greatest hour in the history of unintentional comedy.

I seriously hope that the first thing the police or journalist who discovered this said was, "Well, well, well, what the (DOOT) is this?"

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's a wonder he never collaborated with Chuck Berry, given they shared so many interests.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

This is a surprise. He seemed like such a good dude.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

He's the only musician I can remember who performed the Star-Spangled Banner with back-up dancers.

So he may be an egomaniacal, abusive cult leader, but dammit he's also a patriot.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So much for keeping it on the down low.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What do you expect from someone who believes he can fly?

10. Big Circus

Trapped in the Closet is indeed amazing - I believe we've conversated twice in a week about it. But it's not what I was referring to.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

J. said she’d heard about past sexual misconduct accusations against Kelly, but wasn’t overly worried. She is a fiercely devoted stage mom — she and her husband of 22 years, Tim, a car dealer, had moved from Memphis to Atlanta to help their eldest child’s career — and was confident she could protect her daughter.

“In the back of our minds, we were thinking [my daughter] could be around him if I was with her,” J. said. “It didn’t really hit home. Even with the Aaliyah situation, now that I think about it, ‘Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number’ ... but you don’t think about that. You grew up with the song, and you like the song.”

I wish there was a way I could feel a negative amount of sympathy for this person instead of my current amount of zero.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted