1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When Jimmy's assistant took over the bingo game, were the same numbers going to come up again??

spikechiquet likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ratings are tanking. Alan Sepinwall thinks it's on the chopping block.

3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I don't know about the ratings, but I would be surprised if this wasn't seen through to whatever storyline conclusion it's headed toward. The most I can imagine is AMC saying, Hey, Vince Gilligan, you got ten episodes to wrap it up. Unlike other series which might fade away when the pull is plugged, I have to think BCS will have continuing value to people who come late to Breaking Bad and then want more of the universe.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I like the show but find it a tad too ponderous at times. Enjoy the Mike story line more than the Jimmy. Think they need to move a bit quicker to keep the audience caring and engaged.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm surprised if ratings are poor. This season has had a lot more popular culture buzz around it than the previous two seasons.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We are three years in... I like the show, but it does not move quickly at all.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wasn't he a student in Walter White's chem class? He was in high school in his mid-20s? I know he's dumb, but was he that dumb?

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Correct, so he was in Walter White's class in 2001 most likely (it says he was a junior in his class) and they "re-united" 7 years later when Breaking Bad started.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Theoretically it's possible that Jesse could make a cameo in BCS, but as far as I know he didn't fall into that circle until later.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The ratings are poor, yet people still watch dreck like the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead. The Leftovers ratings sucked ass too but it was a superior show to just about anything on TV right now. No accounting for taste.

Jimmy's heel turn with the seniors was something. Not that he was uber sympathetic to begin with, but I found myself hating him the second that poor old woman left the room crying. Maybe it's because I empathize with that particular situation ... seemingly all of my grandmother's friends died before she ultimately passed, and she had become a sad, bitter woman because of it. The idea of turning a lonely senior's friends against her just rubbed me completely wrong. But he's turned into the biggest asshole on the show. I suppose that's the point ...

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Chuck is still a bigger asshole but the senior thing is about the coldest scam Jimmy's pulled yet.....first "victim" that didn't seem to have it coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted