1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LOL. As I recall, Tricky Dick and the Nixoids all thought the mean nasty media, LED BY WOODWARD AND BERNSTEIN, was out to get him.

Bernstein really has to get off this "be fair to poor little Trump" bullshit. It makes him look like an imbecile.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Given Fucko's history, it's to be presumed he's up to some kind of swindle. To even pretend otherwise is preposterous willful naïveté.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

An Open Letter to Rev. Franklin Graham from a “Small Church” Pastor

I am struggling, too, with your claim that Donald Trump is a champion (albeit an unlikely one) for religious freedom. What freedoms are we talking about here, Frank? The freedom to lie with impunity? The freedom to grab young girls by the genitals? The freedom to discriminate against people of color in the sale and rental of real estate? The freedom to refer to women as “dogs,” “fat pigs,” and “ugly”? The freedom to call your opponents “idiots,” “losers,” “liars” and “frauds”? The freedom to slander people with accusations of criminal conduct based on absolutely no evidence? By my count, the above violate at least four of the Ten Commandments (you will find those in the books of Exodus and Deuteronomy-both in the Bible). If Donald Trump is the champion of American Christianity, God save it from its enemies! ...

Here’s the thing, Frank. At the last judgment, Jesus doesn’t ask anyone about who they voted for, how many times they have been divorced, what their sexual history or orientation is or for whom they did or did not bake wedding cakes. His sole concern is for how we treated the hungry, the thirsty, the naked, the imprisoned, those deemed “least” among us. No, I didn’t get that from any private chat with God. We small church pastors have to rely on the Bible for our intel. I got this stuff from the Gospel of Matthew, 25th Chapter to be precise. As I said, that, too, is in the Bible. (It’s a great book, Frank. You should read it sometime.)

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Our job is to find the actual swindle, not point to the context clues, right?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

THIS JUST IN! SOURCES SAY TRUMP USED ONLY 5-DIGIT ZIP CODE ON TAX RETURN!

HanSenSE and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. doctorquant

I've said this before, but there are many facets of Franklin Graham's ministry that I've long admired. Samaritan's Purse does wonderful things and for the right reasons. But FG's turn toward politics, especially as re: Trump ... ugh.

SpeedTchr, Hermes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

The closing paragraph of that piece you linked suggests to me that that's a pretty good source for unbiased news ...

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Didn't take long to spot the loophole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.