1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Before the show started Vince said it would be about 6-7 years before Breaking Bad.
    So we have plenty of time before Pinkman shows up. He's in middle school still I bet.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Jesse would have been about 17 or 18 when the Better Call Saul story began. He was a pothead in high school, so it's quite possible he needed a lawyer at that point. But I don't think his parents had cut him off yet at that point, so they probably would have hired somebody a bit more reputable.

I could see Aaron Paul making a cameo relatively soon, but I'm not sure it would make much sense for him to have a significant role yet.

spikechiquet likes this.
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ah, I always assumed Jesse was like 19/20 when Breaking Bad started.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The fan wiki states he was born in 1984 and was in his mid-20s when the show began.

Jesse Pinkman

He would have been 18 when Better Call Saul starts.

5. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

in my math I'm betting that Jimmy doesn't wait out the year-lond suspension and begins practicing under the name Saul Goodman. Maybe I'm reading too much into the last scene from this week, where Jimmy shows her the Saul Goodman ad and Kim's wheels start turning.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

But everyone at the courthouse knows him and presumably would know he's been suspended.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think that was her being turned on by the Saul Goodman persona, in much the same way she got a charge out of her and Jimmy scamming the dude in the bar last season.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think we're in for a year of Slippin' Jimmy. When the year's up Jimmy will find it very profitable to keep the Saul persona in his law practice.

9. clintrichardson

that is a good point.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One episode left in the season, and man are there a lot of despicable people on this show. Jimmy right at the top of the list.
    Kind of saw that coming with Kim, though. I was thinking she might actually die at the end of this season.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hector didn't keel over after Nacho had switched out his pills. Wonder if his episodes are in his head like Chuck's are.

12. clintrichardson

Interesting second-to-last episode of the season. Many kettles coming to a boil, and plenty of mystery for the last frame. Re: Hector, how he will end up as "the wheelchair guy" is one of the interesting subplots, but it feels early for that to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted