1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things an ex ruined for you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, May 9, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The thread about Good Country got me thinking about the White Stripes. I used to love them, but my ex-wife put me onto them and REALLY liked them. Hell, we even dressed up as Meg and Jack for Halloween one year. Now though, I can't listen to them without thinking about her and the dissolution of the marriage. So, yeah, the White Stripes are kind of ruined for me. Not quite as bad as Ma Cherie Amour is ruined (and a trigger) for Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook, but still.

So what songs, foods, places, sports teams, holidays, scents, actors, films, etc., are now ruined for others bc of their immediate association with dissolved relationships? Either with significant others or even friends?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Football Sundays, with my second ex.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was never really big on the radio show "Delilah", but when you're young and courting an uptight girl big into sappy romance songs, you do what you've gotta. But if I hear that voice now, I want to punt the radio into the next room.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Funny, I know I guy who used do work in radio with her. Says the image you might have is completely different from what she is in person. She's actually an unscrubbed hippie chick, or so he said.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Rural central-Missouri. An awfully pretty place, a lot of it. But you date one hateful small-town girl and....

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Dukes of Hazzard.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

My life?

YankeeFan and CD Boogie like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"SEX!!" /Trump.

:p:D:rolleyes::eek:

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Anal and Lilly Pulitzer prints.

FileNotFound, Vombatus and CD Boogie like this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Isn't she a farm girl with a gaggle of kids and three ex-husbands? Yeah, I'd have expected something else. (What, exactly, I don't know ... but not that.)

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing," by my first ex.

Kind of glad that was ruined, though, because that song is fucking terrible.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

This sounds good, I'd love to hear. And as a small-town guy, I know how they can make life miserable (which is why I've never dated any).

Draft saved Draft deleted