1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marbury's got a new shoe deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Aug 16, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

so it's a good thing they're so cheap

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of Starbury high tops, new in the box, a few weeks ago off Craigslist for $15.00. The dude said he had a storage locker full of 'em from when he worked at S&B's.

They feel great.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Let's see......I have $500 to spend on shoes
    1 pair of Lonzo Ball's shoes, or 33 pairs of the Starbury.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

5. Starman

I don't care if they fell out of Ivanka Trump's used lingerie closet, they feel pretty good. For 15 bucks, I don't give a fuck.

If they fall apart in three weeks, I'm not much worse off than if I bought the $24.95 cheap ass sneaks at WalWorld.

Batman likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You are putting some well underpaid fuckers somewhere in the world out of work by buying shoes that were already built ten years ago.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Last summer I went out to cover a high school football practice in the morning when the grass was still dewy. My feet got soaked and I wasn't about to spend the rest of the day like that, so I went to Wal-Mart and found the cheapest pair of black shoes that I could find that could pass for dress shoes. Paid $18 for a pair of shoes with memory foam in the insoles.
    Holy crap are those things comfortable. They've become my black dress shoes for work, and it's like walking on clouds.
    A few weeks ago I was covering a golf tournament and had to walk it because no carts were available. Walked eight or nine holes in those things and my feet were feeling fine.
    Wal-Mart makes a decent shoe on the cheap.

8. Starman

Maybe I'm paying the retirement pensions of the underpaid fuckers from 10 years ago.

Who knew advanced economics was hard??

Plus I'm saving the environment by preventing these non-biodegradable plastic shoes from being thrown in a landfill.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Holy shit, post the shoe brand and specs here!
    Also, why were your feet wet? Did you go out there barefoot?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wet grass that hadn't been cut in a couple of days. Just soaked through.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The last set of shoes I bought at Walmart, the right heel was fuct after half a year just from where I rested it hitting the gas pedal.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Rip, are you a city boy?

This kind of problem can also happen while traversing cornfields.

Draft saved Draft deleted