1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The flash-forwards to the Cinnabon are open-ended and hold some intrigue. How Jimmy/Saul and Mike get to Breaking Bad is what's interesting.

2. Twirling Time

Well, that's a good way to expedite the storyline. Have Jimmy go bonkers and bust into Chuck's house with Howard and the private eye right there.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not only did we see Gus Fring for the the first time, but also Victor (the guy in the Navigator, whom Gus later kills with the boxcutter in BB) and Francesca (who is still Jimmy/Saul's receptionist on BB).

4. Twirling Time

Noticed a discontinuity error. Jimmy bought breakfast at Los Pollos Hermanos for $3.19 and got change back. But when Kim asked him for a dollar later, Jimmy only had a 20.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If Jimmy had half a brain he wouldve hired Mike to break into Chucks and get the tape.

Would love to see Mike out smart Chuck at some point, show him you dont have to be a suit to be clever.

Joe Williams likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rage got to him. Jimmy hasn't always been good at thinking things through.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

man, there's slow burns, and then there's this show.

one of my beefs with Breaking Bad was that there were times were I felt like Gilligan was intentionally slowing things down because the show was building to two big reveals—Walter's wife finding out and Hank finding out—and so he did things like have Hank get shot and go through rehab, just to forestall what would have to be the closing act of the series.

here it feels like he again knows he's playing with a limited number of cards and really taking his time.

8. Twirling Time

Doesn't need to be that way since BCS is supposedly happening 6 years before BB. Plenty of cushion to develop the timeline. At least until Tuco gets out of prison.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The first 2 1/2 seasons of Breaking Bad were pretty damn slow. There were a few highlights, like Jane's death, but it still moved slow and often felt like it was taking a step back right when it should be moving forward.
    It didn't kick into high gear until Hank got shot halfway through Season 3. Hopefully we're approaching that point with BCS.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I liked the pacing of the early seasons of Breaking Bad. It made the shocks all the more powerful. And it made the final seasons seem even more frenetic.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

As I had said before, Breaking Bad started very slowly. I was ready to bail until that turtle walked by with the head of the low-level drug dealer on its back, then exploded. And then I totally freaked when one of the twin badasses lurched out of the hospital bed revealing he had no legs. Damn that was dramatic.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Loved how the opening shot shows the time difference between "now" and then.

Draft saved Draft deleted