1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tiger Woods thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He's going soft. Getting old sucks.

But he sure as hell did a lot of harm to himself by running in combat boots and doing some of that SEAL training.

smh

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The PEDs probably didn't help.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Yep. I remember a story about him meeting Lance Armstrong and being so impressed with his thighs that he touched them.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If he plays poorly, it's because he hasn't had enough reps. But can't get reps if not healthy. Also, he won't play unless he "can win," but can't do that without reps, etc., etc.

I like what Christine Brennan wrote (shocker!) ... if Tiger's promoting a book two and a half weeks before the Masters, he must be bored out of his mind.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That 2008 U.S. Open, where he had to show what a tough guy he was by playing five rounds on a shredded knee, ended is career.

Hope is was worth it, Perkins Boy.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I denounce this.

7. playthrough

I'll pretend I never wrote that in two weeks when Brennan climbs on her moral high horse again to trash Augusta for whatever reason.

8. playthrough

SI's Michael Bamberger has a measured, yet firm, takedown of Tiger's book. Apparently those of us who thought Tiger would open a vein and bleed aren't going to find that, which sucks but isn't surprising.

Tiger's Masters book lacks one crucial element

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. Vombatus

Well, surprise, surprise!

(That was a line from TV in my youth. Forgot what show it's from though. Time to surf for it.)

EDIT: Gomer Pyle (Jim Nabors) in the Andy Griffith Show.

I'm dating myself again.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It was that idiot Gomer from Mayberry.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted