1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. I made a mistake. Unlike YF, I actually admit it when that happens.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No one is arguing that. There's plenty about Beck to attack, though what little I've heard about his turn around seems at least superficially sincere. Your particular shot was off base.

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"Stop engaging in personal attacks."

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't think I agree with this. Before being chosen by McCain, she was a serious and successful politician. After some embarrassing gaffes, she must have made what seems like a career decision to embrace the persona rather than fight it. Having seen what the public did with Quayle, I guess I can understand where she's coming from. I still can't imagine choosing to become a cartoon as the lesser of two evils, but it was likely more profitable. She's far from the first American, or even politician to sell her self-respect for a buck.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He pays taxes?

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, think about it. If he thought about the kind of jackass he was at 24, would he have given himself the platform? I doubt it.

My point is: Tomi Lahren only has the platform she does because Beck gave it to her. He gave it to her for cynical reasons; not because she offers salient critiques, but precisely because she's a young, idealistic woman who contradicts the Democratic Party line of what young, idealistic women should be and precisely because she's a smart mouth. He's paying her to talk shit.

The minute Lahren concurs with something that Democrats uphold - and does so in a brazen hotshot-mouthed way that 24 year olds do, that Lahren does - he loses his use for her.

Men do this to young women constantly. They like the passion...so long as it goes with their current. When it doesn't, hey, young girl, pipe down.

It's an old story with a political twist.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The popularity of Trump among the Total Frat Move, Chive, Barstool Sports bros and girls continues to amaze me. As somebody on here suggested, it must be because they dream of having "fuck you money" and behaving as a 70-year-old as they do at 20.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know his isn't going to make a dent in your hammer and sickle, Comrade, but here you go.

After Election, Putin Faces Challenges to Legitimacy

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'm not questioning either one's motives necessarily, but you can't argue that the popularity of both Palin and Lahren is wholly tied into their looks. Why the hell else would you ask the Governor of Alaska to be your running mate?

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

#ciscokebaby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.