1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Dems still hold filibuster power and can shut it down. Thereby forcing the GOP to enact the nuclear option to invoke cloture ... a move the Republicans will regret dearly one day.

3. HanSenSE

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeltsin had a 6 percent approval rating before receiving "help." I'd say we played a much bigger role in his election than Russia played in ours (Clinton won the popular vote by close to the amount polls said she would).

The only "difference" is that we have no evidence that what Russia did changed a single vote.
    It's obvious that what America did in 1996 changed a whole lot of votes.

According to everyone's favorite turncoat, Dick Morris:

"When I worked for Bill Clinton, Clinton called me and said, 'I want to get Yeltsin elected as president of Russia against Gennady Zyuganov, who was the communist who was running against him. Putin was Zyuganov's major backer.

"It became public that Clinton would meet with me every week. We would review the polling that was being done for Yeltsin that was being done by a colleague of mine, who was sending it to me every week. We, Clinton and I, would go through it and Bill would pick up the hotline and talk to Yeltsin and tell him what commercials to run, where to campaign, what positions to take. He basically became Yeltsin's political consultant."

And guess what? None of this Yeltsin stuff matters anyway. Forget I even brought it up.

My point was . . . IF Clinton had won, and IF the opportunity presented itself to intervene in the 2018 Russian election and get Putin voted out of office, she would jump on it. And much of America would be cheering her on every step of the way (to the extent they knew about it, of course).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ.

We should invent a word for someone so stubborn they'd resort to quoting Dick Fucking Morris before admitting they might be wrong.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ivanka gets a White House office and security clearance? Interesting.

9. HanSenSE

"Starman to the first tee ..."

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, Putin is gonna "lose" an election. That's adorable.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The plan really is to flood the zone with so much bullshit and so many lies that it overwhelms everyone. Congress and reputable media outlets really have to stay focused and expose this fraud.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was the quote not accurate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.